When I was cleaning out my abandoned projects pile a couple of weeks ago, I came across an in-progress African Flower cushion cover I had forgotten all about. Maybe someday I’ll finish it up, but when I saw this pattern, it seemed like a fun way to enjoy some African Flowers in the meantime.
These were quick to crochet. I used dk weight cotton yarn. I think they would be nicer in wool, but I had specific colors in mind and I didn’t have all of them on hand in wool. I stuffed the pincushions with wool, but I didn’t like the stuffing poking through the holes in the flower, so I cut a circle out of wool felt to put under the stuffing, and that worked perfectly. I think these would make lovely little gifts!