I am CONSTANTLY losing my needles (maybe my marbles, too), so I decided to make a needle book to go along with my new notebook cover. I did a search for needle books on pinterest and found these gorgeous books. Aren’t they beautiful? Mine is inspired by those ones, but obviously not nearly as fancy. I embroidered an outside piece of felt and sewed on a tie and button, and then blanket stitched the outside to another piece of felt. Finally, I sewed two additional sheets of felt to the middle to make the book.
One thing I haven’t quite figured out is how to make the stitching down the middle look neat. I think that’s why the ones I linked to have a ribbon going down the spine (plus, it looks very cute). I made two books, one with a running stitch going down the middle from the inside, which looks nice on the inside but not on the outside, and one with a backstitch going down the middle from the outside, which looks very nice from the outside, but not on the inside. I then tried covering my neat-on-the-inside one with some bias tape on the outside to make a spine, but I should have done that first, rather than last, and it just made kind of a mess, so I pulled it out, and in the process messed up my blanket stitch. I think I have a “plan” now, though, so I may have to make a third one. Either way, now I can find my needles!
Next up, I have big plans for a crochet hook case. I’m getting way too organized!