A friend of mine recently had a baby girl and I have been wanting to crochet something for her, so when I saw a pattern posted on the Tangled Happy website last week for a crochet baby bonnet, it seemed like the perfect present. I made the “newborn” size, using an E hook and dk weight mercerized cotton yarn. However, the bonnet turned out SO small, it seemed like it was a better fit for A’s doll, Cara! I had some worsted weight organic cotton yarn, so I tried again using a G hook. It’s amazing how the same pattern looks so much different using different yarn and a different size hook. I really like the look of the bonnet in the mercerized cotton better – I think it makes the stitches stand out, but the organic cotton one is very nice and cozy. This was a quick, fun project, so if you’re in need of a baby bonnet, or a doll bonnet, I’d definitely recommend it!
I’ve been enjoying re-reading some of the articles in the most recent issue of Taproot. So inspiring!
Joining in the Yarn Along with Ginny today.